WORK from HOME in QUARANTINE
With the World Health Organization elevating the CORONAVIRUS outbreak from an epidemic to a pandemic, millions of businesses are now forced to contend with the prospect of managing a completely remote workforce. Major companies like Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter and Google have already implemented remote work policies for many of their employees.
Let’s be real, no matter where you’re working from, you’re still doing just that: WORKING.
So, should you work from home or work from the office? It honestly comes down to what environment you’ll be most effective in, along with what industry you’re in. After all, each person has their own unique experience with remote working and finding what works and doesn’t work.
One person’s productivity booster can be another’s distracting disaster. Having said that, let’s take a look at some of the advantages of WORKING from HOME
- Flexible Schedule. You can take breaks at any moment, feel no rush to hang up on your family members when they call, and eat lunch at any weird time you want.
- Custom Environment. Setup your noise level just the way you want it — somewhere between insanely quiet to being at the front row of a Comedy show.
- Cozy Clothes. You get to wear those sweatpants from college with the letters peeling off, or the leggings your friends don’t know you own.
- It’s easier to make calls. You won’t have to scramble to find a conference room or deal with a particularly chatty co-worker.
- Knock off some weekend to-do’s. That Mt. Everest laundry pile waiting for you? That thing you set a reminder to get from the store 11 weeks ago? Cross. It. Off.
- No Office distractions. Avoid co-workers debating the merits of cryptocurrency, sirens wailing outside your window, the AC kicking in as you hide your icicle tears.
- Zero commuting. It saves a lot of time in commuting from home to office & vice-versa. In work from home, it just goes from bed to work and too conveniently.
- Save Money. Meals are expensive if you work in a city or downtown. At home, you can save big time by going to the store and preparing food.
- Forget crowds and traffic. No stuffing yourself into a rickety transportation tube, having people scuff your new shoes, or walking behind agonizingly slow people who apparently don’t know what a straight line is.
- More time with loved ones. Take care of a sick significant other at home, be ready for your kids earlier in the day, get some extra snuggles in with your pets, or simply get some quiet time to yourself!!
All these highlights make it easier to WORK from HOME especially in a period wherein the whole world is facing a pandemic of CORONAVIRUS. In calamities like these, it is not only beneficial to work from home & earn livelihood but most importantly save yourself & your family members from the risk of loosing lives.